Monday, May 17, 2010

Sidney Kathleen has arrived!

IMG_2657IMG_2677

It’s 1:00 AM and I’m exhausted, so this will be quick, but I just wanted to share some quick pics from the hospital tonight. We went to see Arlen this afternoon and things seemed to be moving slowly – we were all thinking that she would give birth tomorrow, but she went into labor and had the baby just a couple hours later. She was only in labor for 45 minutes – I guess Sidney was just ready to enter this world!

IMG_2652 Arlen said she has Oscar’s feet because they are so big! (It’s blue because they do a footprint to identify the baby, I think.)

IMG_2675  This was my first time to hold a baby on its first day of life! Such a sweet blessing. I couldn’t help but praise her Creator for doing such a great job with her! She’s perfect!

IMG_2682 Mom and daughter. I think this is my fave. Sidney is doing so well – she is completely healthy. Arlen is having some pain and a lot of blood (which may be normal, I don’t know) so continue to pray for her and that her body would heal quickly! She’ll be taking care of 4 kids again starting tomorrow! Praise God for a healthy, quick birth tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Please extend by congratulations to Oscar, his wife, and family. Seeing a brand new one (especially your own) is a true miracle of life! ...and each one is such a different experience and each baby already has their own unique personality already. It's truly amazing.

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete

You don't need a Google account to comment! Just select "Name/URL" when you click the "Comment as" drop-down menu, and type your name to let us know who you are before you let us know what thought this post inspired in you. No one likes to receive anonymous comments!