Thursday, October 14, 2010

Evangeline Claire Lilley

She’s here! Sami gave birth to this beautiful little girl this morning at 3:58am! She is 6 lbs, 2 ounces, and 20 1/4 inches long. Isn’t she adorable? (And doesn’t she have the best mohawk you’ve ever seen?!)Evangeline Claire
Sami and Jon are going to be the best parents. I can’t wait to see how the Lord uses them in sweet Evie’s life! They skyped the Nicaragua Russells (and Paul) tonight and we were so grateful to be a part of such a special day. Technology can be grand, can’t it? Jon, Sami and Evangeline
My heart did hurt a little today, as I desperately wished I could be there. I lived vicariously through Becca who was there for the whole thing! She even let me call her at 7:30 this morning, and despite the fact that she got home at 6am and had just gotten to bed, she told me the whole birth story. We got to share joy and happiness together, though we were almost 2,000 miles apart. One of the greatest sacrifices of living in Nicaragua is friendships. I miss these girls like crazy. They are two of the best friends a girl could ask for! becca and sami

1 comment:

  1. Sweet Julie Joo,
    I loved talking with you yesterday morning! haha I think I had frog morning voice... :) I was sad you weren't able to be there, but how cool is it that God gave us things like email and long distance phone calls to keep us feeling like we're together in special times like this! Little Evie is precious... she has a pout just like Sami's and her fingernails came out looking like she had just had a manicure! Already pampered, that's Sam's girl! ;)
    Love you so much and am already looking so forward to spending time with you for Christmas!
    Your sister always,
    Becs

    ReplyDelete

You don't need a Google account to comment! Just select "Name/URL" when you click the "Comment as" drop-down menu, and type your name to let us know who you are before you let us know what thought this post inspired in you. No one likes to receive anonymous comments!