Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Extreme Makeover: Blog Edition

Well, it’s been almost a year since I last updated our blog theme and layout, and I thought that I would do it again. We’d collected a number of sidebar items that we like for you to look at, but you had to scroll for what feels like 15 minutes until you reached the bottom of them, so I’ve now placed them on both sides for quicker access.

But as with any remodel, once you mess with one thing, you start changing more and more. It’s a lot of fun, but after awhile, my opinion gets less and less relevant because I’ve seen so many options that I can hardly distinguish between them anymore. My decision-maker is fatigued.


This is where you come in. Yes, you, the reader. (After all, the design is for you alone.) What do you think? Does the new design make for a more enjoyable reading experience? Less enjoyable? Is it too dark? Too bright? Too spaced out? Too crowded? Too small to read? Wasted space? What do you like? dislike? Should something be moved? added? eliminated? What’s something you would change? Leave your thoughts in the comment box below even if they are negative or un-technical. Comments like, "It would be less awful if you moved that thingbobby over" are acceptable as long as I can ask you some follow-up questions.

I got some very helpful feedback the last time that I was grateful for. Make me proud again!


The oldie for comparison:

old blog

3 comments:

  1. I like the new layout! Easy to read without being overcrowded. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appealing to the eye and easy to read. I like it.

    ReplyDelete

You don't need a Google account to comment! Just select "Name/URL" when you click the "Comment as" drop-down menu, and type your name to let us know who you are before you let us know what thought this post inspired in you. No one likes to receive anonymous comments!