Friday, March 4, 2011

In need of your creative genius

Tender, caring ape-man
Okay, as I mentioned in a previous blog, the ministry got some new costumes I’m very excited about, but I need some help. I’m looking to make a video for the kids ministry that is short (1-2 minutes) and funny. This video will be to introduce our new character, the gorilla. Any ideas?
Here are some things to keep in mind:
  1. The gorilla needs to be as non-threatening as possible. Some of the smaller kids are scared of a dog costume that we have which isn’t scary at all. The gorilla looks a touch scary, so we need to make him look friendly and silly so kids won’t run when he comes on stage during a service. A video of him mauling people is completely out of the question.
  2. I do have the ability to do some limited green screen effects.
  3. I need a cohesive video, not just a couple of silly things that fill the time unless there’s some unifying theme that ties them together. This doesn’t necessarily mean a story—just an excuse to do funny things.
  4. Slapstick = awesome! Our kids love nothing more than seeing someone get hit. But again, no gorilla mauling.
  5. The video can also involve other characters if you’d like. We have costumes for a dog, pirate, angel, superhero, detective, alien, jailbird, ninja, baseball player, and a robot; we also have several wigs, beards, and hats, a vampire cape, a clown suit, and a few other things if you want to make a new character.
  6. The more ideas, the better! I am always trying to think of funny videos and would love it if I could make ten of them with the gorilla suit.
That’s it! If you have any thoughts, either post them as a comment below or send them to  me in an email by clicking here. I’ll post whatever I end up making so you can see how it went.


3/23 Edit: the video is finally done! Check it out below:


No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need a Google account to comment! Just select "Name/URL" when you click the "Comment as" drop-down menu, and type your name to let us know who you are before you let us know what thought this post inspired in you. No one likes to receive anonymous comments!