Monday, October 17, 2011

Different Kinds of Happy

One of the things I was most excited for at the Kidmin conference we went to in Chicago was that Sara Groves was going to be there. I love how real she is in her lyrics, and her voice is just beautiful. I went to a “Talk Back” session with her after her performance, and found out that she is really down-to-earth and friendly as well! I feel like we are best friends in another life and we go get coffee every Tuesday morning and talk about life and all the wonderful and unfortunate things it entails. Anyways…

Here is a recording (above) of her singing a song I really love called “Different Kinds of Happy”. She explains the meaning of the song before she sings it. And it’s definitely worth listening to.

IMG_8582

Yes, I am one of those people. I asked her to take a picture with me as if we actually are best friends and have known each other forever. In another life…

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't need a Google account to comment! Just select "Name/URL" when you click the "Comment as" drop-down menu, and type your name to let us know who you are before you let us know what thought this post inspired in you. No one likes to receive anonymous comments!